As you probably already know, since Friday there has been a worldwide attack of what is known as Ransomware.
This time the attack has been more serious because it uses a security vulnerability in Windows computers detected just two months ago.
The AVANCEM GRUP technical team is working to verify that the computers of our active clients have the patch that Microsoft released to mitigate the problem. If any equipment did not have it, it is being installed.
This patch is just one of many actions that must be taken to minimize the risk of infection.
Here we leave a series of recommendations to avoid this and future problems:
- NEVER open an email from an unknown source
- NEVER open an attachment or web link in an email, if you are not 100% convinced, ask us before doing so.
- Use strong passwords. Uppercase, lowercase, numbers and signs. Renew it frequently and do not write it down anywhere.
- Keep your team up to date by turning on automatic updates.
- Have backup systems both locally and in the cloud. (if it can be private from AVANCEM, since in this way it is controlled and supervised by our team)
These recommendations are basic to have a high level of protection against these attacks.
If you have any questions, please contact our technical team who will help you.
It is very important that you share this information with the rest of your colleagues in your company.
AVANCEM GRUP systems department